Attention Property Owners
Notice to Property Owners & Occupants:
- Beginning January 1, 2011 all property owners will receive an assessment notice regardless of value change. As a courtesy the Board of Assessors will send a copy of the notice electronically.
- To receive an electronic notice the owner must submit a written request. All representatives making a request must submit authorization with request.
- The Board of Assessors meetings are held the first (General Meeting) and third (Work Session) Thursday each month at 981 Milstead Ave. at 10 a.m.
- In accordance with Georgia law (OCGA 48-5-264.1) please be advised that staff of the Board of Assessors periodically conducts field checks to update property records.
- The staff will also conduct field visits to property owners that have obtained a building permit, filed an application for homestead, parcel combination, parcel split, conservation use, appeal or property tax return.
- All staff members performing visits are issued Rockdale County ID badges, county vehicle and County uniforms.
- The staff will not need to enter the home unless the property owner had made the request.
- If you have any question about the identity of a staff member do not hesitate to contact our office at 770-278-7676 or email at email@example.com.
- If you would like a representative of the office to speak to your homeowners association please contact Lamar Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org.