- Rehabilitation and Reformation: We prioritize the rehabilitation and reformation of youth and families who encounter the juvenile court. We aim to provide appropriate interventions, programs and services that address the underlying causes of abuse, neglect and delinquency and promote positive behavioral change.
- Fairness and Equity: We uphold the principles of fairness and equity, ensuring that all youth and families are treated with fairness. We promote procedural fairness, respect due process rights, and provide equal access to justice and resources regardless of socio-economic background, race, or gender.
- Community Collaboration: We actively engage with the Rockdale County community and collaborate with various stakeholders including families, schools, community organizations, law enforcement and social services. Building partnerships and involving the local community leads to more effective and sustainable solutions for our court-involved youth and families.
- Accountability and Responsibility: We promote accountability by holding court-involved youth and families accountable for their behaviors while providing opportunities for growth and learning.
- Trauma-Informed Approaches: We recognize the impact of trauma on youth and adopt trauma-informed approaches. We aim to provide a safe and supportive courtroom environment, considering the effects of trauma on behavior and providing trauma-focused interventions and services to promote healing and resilience.
- Professionalism and Continuing Education: We aim to maintain a high standard of professionalism. The Judge, court staff, and professionals who interact with court-involved youth and families receive ongoing training and education. Staying informed about best practices, evidence-based interventions, and evolving research enhances the effectiveness of our Court.
The Juvenile Court Judge is appointed by the Chief Superior Court Judge. The Juvenile Court Judge is Maureen Wood.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of the Juvenile Court Clerk at 770-278-7761.
Rockdale County Courthouse
922 Court Street, Room 103
Conyers, Georgia 30012
Post Office Box 452
Conyers, Georgia 30012
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Telephone: (770) 278-7777
Fax: (770) 278-8935