- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Rockdale County Recycling Center accepts garbage, furniture, woody debris, and other items from Rockdale County/City of Conyers residents only. The wood pile closes daily at 4:30 p.m. Please call ahead to ensure the wood pile is open for drop off. The phone number is 770-278-7212, Option 1.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The Recycling Center is operated by Rockdale County for the benefit and convenience of all County and City residents. It was opened in September 1993 following the closure of the City/County landfill.
The Recycling Center is for the use and convenience of the citizens of this community. Commercial haulers are not allowed and should refer to the Curbside Pickup & Landfills Information below.
Hours of Operation (Including Holiday Schedule)
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, Monday & County Holidays: Closed
Woody debris must be unloaded at least 30 minutes before the center closes.
Rockdale Recycling Center 2023 Holiday Schedule
New Year’s Day – Tues, Jan 3, 2023
Martin Luther King – Tues, Jan 17, 2023
Memorial Day – Tues, May 30, 2023
Juneteenth Day – Tues, June 20, 2023
Independence Day – Tues, Jul 4, 2023
Labor Day – Tues, Sep 5, 2023
Veterans Day – Fri, Nov 10, 2023
Thanksgiving – Thu, Nov 23, 2023
Day after Thanksgiving – Fri, Nov 24, 2023
Christmas Eve Day – Tues, Dec 26, 2023
Christmas Day – Wed, Dec 27, 2023
Address & Contact Information
1200 Sigman Road
Conyers, GA 30012
From Interstate 20, take Exit 82, (GA Highway 20 & 138) and go North (towards Monroe). Turn left on Sigman Road. The center is approximately one mile on the left.
Recycle Center: 770-278-7212
Curbside Pickup and Landfill Information
Rockdale County residents may call a private service for curbside garbage/trash pickup. Curbside pickup is not provided by the County. (Note: If you live in the city limits of Conyers, click the following link
Household garbage/trash and recyclable materials may be dropped off at the Recycling Center for a nominal fee.
Landfills, Hazardous Waste Information & Transfer Stations:
Rockdale County does not operate a landfill. The following landfills will accept, for a fee, the dry waste materials not accepted at the Recycling Center. Call ahead – all landfills do not accept all materials.
Seminole Road Landfill
4203 Clevemont Road
Ellenwood, Ga. 30294
Monday thru Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am to 4:00pm
Please consult the local telephone directory for a listing of Scrap/Recycling Yards in the area. These businesses accept most materials landfills and/or the Recycling Center cannot, and many times pay for certain items.
Hazardous Waste Information:
For more information on proper disposal of hazardous waste materials, contact the Hazardous Waste Management Branch of the EPD:
- Emergencies: 1-800-241-4113
- Spills: 404-656-4300
Items Accepted at No Charge
- Newspapers and advertising inserts
- Glossy magazines and catalogs
- Corrugated cardboard
- Telephone and MLS books
- Tin – steel food cans
- Aluminum cans
- Glass food jars and beverage bottles – clear, green, brown
- Plastic bottles (#1 PETE) – clear and green
(remove caps and rinse clean)
- Plastic milk & water jugs (#2 HDPE Natural)
(remove caps and rinse clean)
- Plastic containers (#2 HDPE Colored)
(remove caps and rinse clean)
- Scrap metal and small appliances that never had or used a compressor
- Wet-cell batteries (car, truck, boat, motorcycle, etc.) Batteries must be unloaded in the enclosed battery shed.
- Small yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, pine straw) and large woody debris (trees, branches, shrubs, etc.)
NOTE: No stumps (limit of two loads per household per week.)
- Auto, truck, or farm tires (limit of four tires accepted per household per week.)
NOTE: Styrofoam and other packing materials are not recyclable.
The center does not recycle plastic bags – please utilize the recycling bins at your local grocery store.
Please have recyclable items rinsed and separated before depositing them at the center.
Items Accepted for a Fee
Payment must be made by cash or check payable to Rockdale County, credit cards are accepted as well.
Click here to download a pricelist of Items Accepted for a Fee
Indoor household garbage and trash:
- $1 per 30-gallon container
- $.50 per small kitchen bag
- $3 per curbside container
- Sofa/Couch/Loveseat: $6 each
- Mattress and/or Box springs: $5 each
- Chair: $4 each
- Dresser: $6 each
- Desk: $6 each
- Entertainment Center: $5 each
- Bookcase: $5 each
- TV/Monitor: $6 each
- Audio/Computer Components: $3 each
- VCR/DVD Player: $3 each
- Copy Machine: $6
- Latex Paint: $1 per gallon container
- Kitty-Litter must be added to each container to be accepted
- Vacuum Cleaner: $4 each
- Sink/Toilet/Dishwasher: $4 each
- Window: $4 each
- Door with Glass: $6 each
- Truck Load: $5
- Trailer Load: $5
- Pallets: $1 each
- Per Board: $.50 each or $5, whichever is less
Residential Only – No Commercial Haulers Accepted!
Pricing is not all inclusive.
Items Not Accepted
Click here to down a list of Items not accepted
- Oil-based paints, stains, solvents, and adhesives (see HazWaste Info.)
- Old gasoline, kerosene, antifreeze (see HazWaste Info.)
- Carpets and/or pad, linoleum, vinyl flooring, tile, shingles, insulation, countertops (see Landfills)
- Demolition debris – concrete, rock, bricks, blocks, sheetrock, stumps (see Landfills)
- Large appliances or any appliance that used or contained Freon, including but not limited to, A/C units, humidifiers, refrigerators, and freezers, etc. (see Landfills)
NOTE: Please call the center or see the Curbside Pickup & Landfills Information page for a proper disposal location of the above listed items.
The Georgia Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Act requires local governments to post the attached information on their official website.
For further information regarding this report, please contact the Rockdale County Department of Finance at 770-278-7555.
Oct 27, 2014
Report 2008-18 Public Notice
Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Act Report