Land Disturbance Permits
Per the State of Georgia’s Post Development Stormwater Management Mandate, beginning December 1, 2020, the Department of Stormwater Management will approve or deny all Land Disturbance Permits (LDP) applications. Beginning March 29th, 2021, all applications involving land disturbance and Tertiary Permittee residential lots, must be submitted to the Department of Stormwater Management.
Department of Stormwater Management Contact Information
Customer Service: 770-278-7155
Plan Review Submittals: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 1495
Conyers, GA 30012
If the application is sent via email, call 770-278-7155 to make the payment with a credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover).
Land Disturbance Permit Applications
- Commercial & New Subdivision: New commercial development & re-development, new subdivision (Primary Permittee)
- General Land Disturbance (LDP): Clearing and grubbing, Stormwater drainage facilities and sidewalks
- Single Family Residence: Residential lot not located within an existing subdivision
- Tertiary Permittee: Residential lots that are located within an existing subdivision
- Linear Transportation Projects: Construction projects on traveled ways including but not limited to roads, sidewalks, multi-use paths and trails, and airport runways and taxiways.
- Stormwater Final Plat Requirements:
Land Disturbance Review Checklist (All Departments)
- Department of Stormwater Management
- Planning and Development Department
- Rockdale Department of Transportation (RDOT)
- Rockdale Water Resources (RWR)
- Rockdale Fire Department:
- Department of Environmental Health (Septic Lot):
Runoff Reduction Practicability Policy
All development equal to or greater than 5,000 square feet of proposed impervious surface are required to provide Stormwater management. Per the State of Georgia Mandate, each site must provide 100% Runoff Reduction for the proposed development.
At such time in which the runoff reduction criteria is not achievable, the site must provide runoff reduction to the maximum extent possible, provide the required 80% TSS removal for the 1.2-inch rainfall event and apply for a reduction of the criteria. See link below for all information associated with a decrease of the runoff reduction criteria.
Linear Transportation Feasibility Program
The feasibility program was developed by Rockdale County to set reasonable criteria for determining when it would be infeasible to implement Stormwater management standards for linear transportation projects being constructed by Rockdale County, other local governments, and State agencies. See link below for all information associated with the linear transportation feasibility program.
Fee Schedule (Visa, Mastercard, Discover or Check payments only)
Planning & Development
1117 West Avenue SW, Conyers, GA 30012
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Telephone: (770) 278-7100
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Rockdale County Code Enforcement
2570 Old Covington Highway
Conyers, GA 30012 (map)
Report a Violation Report a Code Violation
Business Licenses –Option 1
Residential Building Inspections & Permits –Option 2
Zoning –Option 3
Code Enforcement –Option 4 or 770-278-7103
Commercial Development/Building Permits –Option 5
Residential Building Inspections & Permits
Planning and Zoning
Commercial Development/Building Permits